Skills & Requirements
- Consulting with clients to develop and document requirements
- Building custom applications using Python, typically leveraging Django
- HTML/CSS/JS integration
- Using versioning and project management tools where required
- Collaborating on project requirements and sprint planning
- Writing deployment scripts, monitoring scripts, unit tests, etc
- Time tracking and client reports
- A “can-do” attitude, and a motivation to learn. These are strict requirements.
- A technical acumen and personal interest in the Internet and the Web in particular. A general business acumen would be an asset but is not required.
- Desire to work towards a career as a professional programmer.
- Strong communication skills.
- Bonus: experience in Drupal, Wordpress, Django, Flask, Symfony, etc.
- Bonus bonus: experience in Node.JS, Apache Solr, Apache Hadoop, Java, etc.